Only those treatments that can strengthen the immune system of your skin and body along with interfering in the reproductive cycle of this problem will work. You must use this life form’s own patterns of reproduction and survival to eradicate it. Anything that damages or hurts your skin’s own immune system or your bodies’ ability to defend itself, repair or heal doesn't work in a permanent way.
Therefore, we provide protocols for the following areas:
Remember these are invisible and airborne so re-infection is the hardest part to prevent. Getting rid of this depends on how long this thing has been multiplying in your environment. The longer you have felt symptoms the more saturated your environment will be and the longer it will take because of re-infestation by things you forget or miss treating. Also, others in your environment may not be victimized because of their chemistry and not being attractive to this thing. Sometimes when the most attractive victim leaves an infested environment others not previously affected begin to be attacked. It may be related to hormone levels of estrogen since women and babies are the most targeted and young boys and older men second. I know believe that the Collembola carries and spreads a fungus that is like a gourmet food that re-attracts them. (To learn how to strengthen your immune system, read my book Don’t Pollute Your Own Stream.)
- CedarCide Best Yet fogging daily until no activity is felt. Open everything possible to allow the fog in IE cupboards, drawers, closets etc. You do not have to worry that it gets on dishes, boxes of food etc. since it is food grade and an EPA exempt pesticide and it completely evaporates. It will change the flavor of produce and prepared food because it is strong so I recommend you put away all fresh food. Remove all house plants and leave them outside since they can be a source of Collembola and the fog will burn them. I would also remove your pets, birds and fish even though this is a food grade over exposure can irritate the respiratory tract of small animals. You should also wear the mask that comes with the fogger. Even eating too many strawberries can make you sick so even though this is food grade, you will be getting a lot of exposure so do prevention and wear it. Be sure all windows are closed and gas pilot lights are out (it is not flammable like gasoline but is an oil). Disconnect all smoke detectors since the fog WILL set them off.
Go through your house before you start to open up everything so you can go through quickly once you start the fogging process. You can wash with the Swiss Formula body wash and coat yourself the Arbonne sunscreen before the fogging so when you leave the house you will be not taking something with you. Be sure you have treated clothes on as well so you don’t bring anything back. You can watch the instructional video that will come with the fogger but when the instructions differ from what I tell you, use my instructions. I have had much more experience at what works for this particular problem than people selling the product.
Start at the farthest point from where you will exit and aim fogger at floor and all furniture, then fill the room to the ceiling and shut that door as you move through your house room by room to the exit. When I first got it, I used the fogger set on medium but once you get the hang of it and move fast enough, you can use it on high without wasting product. Only fog until you can’t see across the room since once the air is saturated it falls to the ground and is just wasting product. This visual is the best way to judge how much product to use. It is just about total saturation of the air and environment; no place for them to run so to speak. I have noticed that the moisture in the air changes how much it takes to saturate the air. Dryer air takes more product. Close up house and car for as long as you can at least 2-3 hours. The first time I recommend overnight or 8 hours if you can.
NOTE: The product is an essential oil that needs to be used with a COLD thermal fogger which CedarCide sells with the product. Spraying does not work so do not waste product spraying things; only fog.
Sometimes it will appear to escalate after the first fogging. This is because the product triggers an instinct to flee. They may come out of all the places they were hiding (from the fogging) in great numbers. It happens after the fog has dissipated when there is nothing left to kill them. There is no residual killing effect once fog has dissipated. Just fog again right away if this happens. If you do a second fogging you will not need to keep the house closed up for long. Do not wait like CedarCide suggests. Since these things multiply quickly if any are left you want to keep hitting them as they decrease to prevent them getting a stronghold again. It is important not to run out of product before you get them all since they will just start multiplying again in the gap between treatments if any are still there. Remember they have had whatever time you have had symptoms to get into everything so getting rid of them is going to depend on how thorough you are. Unfortunately it will take longer to get rid of them the longer you have let them multiply.
Even if you fog the whole house, if your bed is a problem, I advise spot fogging your bed before you go to sleep. Leave the bed made and aim the fogger under the sheets and blankets just long enough (2-5 seconds) to see them inflate to trap product under them. Do this every night before you get in if your bed is a problem in place of the insane work of washing your sheets every night (NOTE: this advice applies ONLY if you are sleeping on a safe blow-up mattress).
So far, no one has been able to save an infected mattress. NOTE: the dust mite mattress and pillow cases do not work at all. Blow up mattresses are safest. They sell them at Costco. If it starts to sag in the middle of the night exchange it right away. Many of them leak but if they are good they never leak so if you have to add air it is defective. If you are having trouble around your head get rid of the pillow and buy a new one but wrap it in a plastic bag and seal it air tight before you ever use it. Same goes for a new mattress if it is not a blow up one. I highly recommend getting rid of your mattress in a land fill if you are having lots of activity in your bed. Please do not spread this by selling it or giving it to anyone!
Spot fog problem areas like computer, kitchen sink, and bathroom sink areas a couple seconds before you spend time in them if after your daily fogging you feel anything anywhere in you environment. This can be just a few seconds of fogging. * Note Best Yet does nothing to help repel them on the body or treat skin even though the company says it does… at least not for Collembola! This is after consulting with 100’s of people and hearing this from all of them.
If you stop feeling symptoms and then feel ANYTHING return start treating again. In this case an ounce of prevention is worth months of cure! Do not ignore any symptoms. You must train yourself to have zero tolerance to get rid of this. This thing multiplies in the millions and very quickly so don’t leave any alive to start over. You will need to buy the fogger and a couple gallons minimum of the fogging product depending on your house size and cars. Also, if you order through us, it costs no more but the manufacturer compensates me to consult with you on how to best use the product for this condition. (See PRODUCTS for order information and instructions on how much you will need.)
I still have not seen a correlation between victims and their pets. If your pet is frantically itching you may want to SPRAY it with the cedar product. This is the only instance I recommend spraying the fogging product. It does kill fleas and mange, and Collembola. It may work for animals because they do not have the fungus, only the bug. I do not have any pets so I can’t guide you on this issue from my own experience. Fogging infected clothing does not work. You need to wash them. (See #3 instructions below) The fog is a contact kill. If it does not reach the Collembola or eggs it will not do anything. It is not a residual killer. Once the fog is gone the active killing is over. If the fog can’t pass through something it will not kill the Collembola. You can leave the product in the fogger in between treatments. Be careful filling the fogger since the bottles the product comes in are really difficult to pour from. The product is expensive so I suggest you place a pan under your fogger to catch any spills. I looked for months for a pour spout that would fit the bottles with no luck since they are an odd size. You can fog outside if there is a porch or area you are feeling activity in. Just know that the inside product hurts plants. You can use the laundry product which is a water soluble formula if you need to fog around plants.
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth If you have upholstered furniture dust them and all your rugs with Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. You can use a paint brush or feather duster to apply it. Saturate the item and leave it in. It will disappear into the fabric. DTE is a finely ground sea shell that kills by cutting the body of the bug. It will not kill the eggs but when and if they hatch they will die when they come in contact with it. I recommend dusting seat belts, shoes, purses, back packs, anything that is thick cloth or too thick for the fog to pass through. Still go ahead and fog after you treat with the DTE. You only need to reapply DTE if these items become a problem again. You can also soak washable packs, purses, rugs etc in the laundry product that comes with the Collembola kit. (See PRODUCTS for order information)
- PCO laundry treatment. Fill washer any temperature water and do not add clothes yet. Put in cap-fuls of PCO until water is milky white (like highly diluted milk color) agitate to mix well and then add clothes agitate few minutes then let soak for an hour. You can use the solution for many loads as long as there is a strong smell left in the solution. To save money, you can use a laundry tub or bathtub to soak multiple loads at once. You can also ring the solution back into the tub, bag those wet clothes and use the same solution again for additional loads. After a soak, no further treatment is necessary so just launder the clothes normally. If you can seal the solution to prevent the active ingredient from evaporating out of it, you can re-use the solution more than once. This makes the laundry product go farther. If you do not want to save the solution after using your washer, just spin out the solution, add detergent to the same load, wash as usual, and rinse twice if necessary. Your clothes will smell slightly of pine which is normal. If it is stronger than that you are wasting product by using too much. It is a contact kill for the Collembola, eggs and external fungus so it is more important to have it thoroughly mixed in the water and soak the clothes long enough than making the solution too strong. Bag all treated and dried laundry in sterile trash bags until your environment is safe. Make sure you mark the bags so you can see which are treated and which are still dirty. No need to do anything else to clothes as this kills eggs, mites, and external fungus. Remember to bag all your dirty laundry as you use it in marked and sealed trash bags until you wash it. Do NOT re-use the bags from the infested clothing for anything and remove them from your house. It is better to bag it based on what loads and how much will go into a load so you will not have to touch it. If possible do not handle the dirty laundry item by item and just add the whole bag to the soak. One girl I consulted with got over this and was well until she became re-infected doing a stored last load of laundry because she forgot not to touch the clothing.
- Clorox Bleach for all bleach-able cloth. Use normal directions for bleach but you must allow it to soak for at least 1 hour to kill eggs. Launder as normal after the soaking by adding the laundry detergent and running a normal cycle.
The Collembola eggs and the fungus seem to live forever in natural materials like cotton and paper so if you can wear polyester or nylon it will be better. Smooth silk does not seem to be a problem either. The fact that these man-made fabrics make you sweat more is a problem however. If the weather is hot just treating your clothes and only wearing things or using things once is maybe better than causing yourself to sweat which tends to increase the fungus on the skin. Using towels once is advisable, so get some cheap small ones you can bleach and bag after each use (I found small cheap white ones at Kmart and Wal-Mart for $1.50 each). You will need 2 a day since I found what worked for me was showering morning and night. The smaller they are the more will fit in a single load of wash and the less work you will have. I also used the ones at Costco in the car washing dept that are really small and inexpensive. Once you replace your bed with a blow-up bed, sheets can be fogged daily and washed once a week in bleach or PCO. By the way, I used Clorox bleach on everything I could in the laundry to save money on the PCO. NOTE: the bleach is harder on cloth and is toxic, but it's less expensive.
Read More about Healthy Lifestyle Consulting Services
We have found a doctor who is successfully treating internally for this condition. Please go to CONTACT button on my home page and email me if you want information about how to contact this doctor. You must leave your contact information. Your address will not show up on the message to me.
Solaray HCL with Pepsin 650 MG digestive enzymes. I took one or two with every meal (Found in health food stores usually or order online) Start with one and if you do not see any results increase to two. Do not ever take it on an empty stomach! Just before or during a meal The enzymes seem to work the best of anything I tried with added digestive benefits. Maybe it is less waste in the body from partially digested foods that is the benefit. It may be that the fungus thrives on our waste products and minimizing them decreases their food supply. Not sure…. Just know it helps more than anything with reducing the fungus that make us a bait and magnet for this thing (which I believe is bio engineered/ genetically modified by the military and this is why the Center for Disease Control will not do anything at all about this epidemic) I did not believe this until I read that the CedarCide was created for a mite that the army could not kill with straight malathion (very suspicious). Buy it cheap on Amazon.
Cat's Claw Tincture- I took a dropper-full 2 xs daily (Rinse your mouth and swallow that after taking since it stains teeth). This is a natural tetracycline replacement.
- BodyWash: This soap is as good as sulfur and all the lethal chemicals I tried and does not strip your skin's protection which, with this problem, you desperately need to keep intact. It makes all the itching go away so I believe that it somehow cleans the fungus and removes what ever is on your skin. Do not take any baths (especially hot) since this will spread the problem to other areas. In the shower: don't get your skin wet yet, just thoroughly wet a nylon wash cloth, found the best ones at Longs drugs, (see PRODUCTS for the one I used) or use the nylon puff that comes with the soap until you get a nylon cloth and put about a dimes worth of product on it. Do not use any natural fiber cloths or brushes ever until you are over this or you will be re-infecting yourself. Work up as much suds as possible in the cloth or puff BEFORE you try to apply it to your skin. This may take a little while and you will know when to stop working the cloth when no new lather is formed. (It will not suds applied directly to your skin) Apply to dry skin, clean your entire body and if you still feel itchy add more to those areas and even leave it on until almost dry. Keep adding product that is on the cloth or puff till all itching stops then rinse well. If any lesions are drying and healing be careful not to scrub them and re-open them. You can also re-apply the wash after you dry off using a small amount in your hand mixed with water to spread it all over your body. This works great to leave it on to continue to smother what may sprouting out of your skin and also seals (almost like plastic) your skin from anything entering your pores. Let the soap dry thoroughly before dressing or going to bed. Note* I do not recommend replacing the other protocol with this last suggestion if you have any lesions. The soap is not made to leave on and will damage your skin if done every night so alternate with the sunscreen. (See ordering instruction under PRODUCTS)
I discovered this product because after using all the horrible things on my skin I looked about 80 years old. A friend told me that this company made products that really benefit the skin so I decided to try them. I was using this wash to try to heal my skin after each wash with the other medicated washes and soaps to remedy the damage those treatments were doing. One day, just out of curiosity, I thought I would just use it alone and was shocked to find it worked better. I dropped all the other products and started to see big improvement. The company has gone to great lengths to make their products safe. Their ingredients are mild and pure compared to most soaps on the market. I still use their products because when I was well and tried my old soap, which is a really healthy brand made by a homeopathic company in Germany, I found it dried my skin out so went back to using the body wash which cleans just as good and does not remove the protective part of your skins natural immunity like most soaps. That layer is what protects you from all environmental damage and it takes 24 hours for your body to replace it when you strip it away.
- Spf 30 Sunscreen. Immediately after you shower apply SPF 30 sunscreen to protect others from you or protect yourself from your environment until it’s under control.(do not combine leaving the soap on and applying the sunscreen only one or the other) Spread thin layer of sunscreen completely over body right after bathing with moisture still on skin. You will need to put this in a continuous film on your body and then re-apply to the spots that are active so they have a thick layer on them. . Re-apply each spot to protect it as many times a day as possible. It is easier if you apply the sunscreen just after toweling off when the skin is still moist. It tends to go farther and is easier to get it to spread in a continuous layer. Do the bottoms of your feet too. Add water to your hands if you find it is not spreading easily (it takes too much product if you your skin is too dry because it won’t spread). Let dry before dressing. In areas that you sweat try dusting with some corn silk baby powder over that to keep the sunscreen on longer (Johnson & Johnson works best). All other moisturizers and oils I tried make the problem much worse. Other than suffocating drying up is second best. If you are not applying the sunscreen right after you shower, I recommend thoroughly drying your skin since fungus likes moisture. You might at least use the Gold Bond or baby powder on areas that are affected that may get sweaty. I discovered this product when I noticed that I never felt anything when I was at the beach even if I was sweaty. I would still not feel anything when I got home even though my house was still infested until I showered. When I washed off the sunscreen I would be attacked again. So this became a God send to protect me until I got the environment under control. . (See ordering instruction under PRODUCTS)
- Treating Bites on the skin
- If you have bites or pimples festering, treat in this order:
- Cover area with generous amount of Cat's Claw Tincture. Let dry then re-apply and let dry again.
- Apply thick spot of Cotz SP 58 sunscreen over that let dry. This is actually drying to the skin for some reason. * Be sure skin is really dry before applying COTZ- use a hair dryer if necessary.
- Dust it with enough Gold Bond powder or corn silk baby powder to keep it from rubbing off. Use enough to soak up moisture and make the area dry. Patting the powder in to the sunscreen works best.
(see ordering instruction under PRODUCTS for all these products)
*If you get the Cotz on your clothes or linens it stains but washes out easily if sprayed with a de-greaser/cleaner called Oil Eater sold in automotive stores. Not even bleach will get it out or any thing else I tried.
- If you have intense itching, treat in this order:
- Substitute Simplers Oregano oil instead of Cat's Claw Tincture under the above layers.
Be careful not to get on fingers and touch delicate skin or eyes. It is so strong it burns. I Use a broken off Q-tip (so I don’t waste the oil that would be left in the cotton). It does not react for a few minutes but then the skin will turn red and it will burn the area and kill what is there so don’t apply more to any area until you wait a few minutes after the skin turns red to see if itching stops. It takes awhile for it to work but does work. Keep applying until activity stops though if the first time does not work after waiting. It unfortunately kills the skin sometimes too but to have the itching stop is well worth the uncomfortable feeling this stuff gives you while it is working. (see ordering instruction under PRODUCTS) If this does not work then substitute the oil mixture described in next section for under the COTZ.
- Apply thick spot of Cotz SP 58 sunscreen over that let dry. (This is actually drying to the skin for some reason) * NOTE COTZ is the BEST for the face. Just leave it on between washing- all day & night. Will not hurt eyes. Try washing eyelashes with no more tears baby shampoo.
- Dust it with enough Gold Bond powder or corn silk baby powder ( talcum has been shown to harm the lungs) to keep it from rubbing off. Use enough to soak up moisture and make the area dry. Patting the powder in to the sunscreen works best.
- Substitute Simplers Oregano oil instead of Cat's Claw Tincture under the above layers.
- If you have NO festering and just intense itching and for treating the scalp, treat like this:
- Try NOW brand peppermint oil (also a repellent for as long as it smells) treat spot once a day after drying from bathing (see ordering instruction under PRODUCTS) or
- You will need a small container with a lid (.5oz) to mix and store this. A small brush is best to apply it so you do not get it on your fingers. Mix together the following products: (See PRODUCTS to order them). Apply at least 2 x daily especially after bathing or whenever there is activity. Let dry before dressing.* Once scabs form on scalp be careful and let them heal, that means fungus is dead in that spot. *Note I do not recommend any other brands of oils. Some brands are mixed with oils that cause the fungus to grow.
- 5 drops Simpler Oregano Oil
- 5 drops Cinnamon Leaf Oil
- 5 drops HerbPharm Cat's claw tincture
- 5 drops Aura Cacia Clove Bud Oil
- 20 drops Nature's Gift 99.9% pure DMSO
- If you have bites or pimples festering, treat in this order:
Above is all that I did through trial and error, other than Saunas and steam baths. The steam baths need to be really hot and I advise that you apply the bodywash either before you exit the steam bath or sauna or immediately when you step out because the moist heat and sweating causes increased activity if your body did not get hot enough for long enough. This is also the prudent thing to do if you are using a sauna or steam where other people may become infected. Making your skin react in a controlled way is superior to having it happen somewhere and some other time when you can’t wash with the bodywash.
I also believe that raising your body temperature kills off many things that may be a problem internally which frees up and strengthens your immune system to better deal with this problem. Did you know that aroma therapy steam baths were Hippocrates’ (the father of medicine) main prescription for all diseases?